Code of Conduct
It is important that pupils and parents are fully aware of Havant Academy's high expectations for pupil conduct. Below is the Code of Conduct for the Academy. Students are to:
- Respect all other people, regardless of race, culture, gender, sexuality and religion.
- Behave in a quiet, polite and orderly manner.
- Follow the instructions of the teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Knock at classroom doors before entering.
- Wear the full Academy uniform.
- Be punctual for the Academy and for lessons.
- WALK on corridors and stairways on the LEFT in single file.
- Remove outer clothing (scarves, coats, hats, gloves) upon entering the building and place in the locker for safe keeping.
- Leave lessons only when directed by a member of staff.
- Hand in all work on time.
- Have a pen, pencil, ruler, rubber and calculator.
- Look after Academy property.
- Be clean and tidy at all times and place litter in the bins.
- Work to the best of their ability during lessons.
- Bring in notes explaining absence from the Academy on the day of return.
Pupils must not:
- Bring mobile phones, iPods or other electrical items to the Academy.
- Use bad language or swear anywhere on the Academy site.
- Wear make-up in years 7-9; Years 10 and 11 may wear discrete natural make-up
- Wear more than one pair of plain, gold or silver-coloured ear-studs in each lobe. One watch may be worn.
- Smoke in or near the Academy site.
- Write on desks, walls or the Academy fabric.
- Show intimidating behaviour - physically, verbally or otherwise.
- Leave classrooms without permission.
- Eat or drink during lessons (except water).
- Run along the corridors or on the stairways.
- Interfere with other pupils' work either physically or verbally.
- Steal Academy property or that of other pupils.
- Chew gum at any time.
- Access other pupils' files on the Academy's computer network.
- Have any fizzy or energy drinks on Academy site.
- Leave the Academy site without permission
- Have tattoos
Recognising Positive Behaviours and Contributions
At Havant Academy we will recognise and celebrate the hard work and achievements of our students. We will reward effort, contribution, progress, achievement, consideration for others, good manners, community spirit and those students that ‘go the extra mile’.
Addressing Poor Behaviour
At Havant Academy we work diligently to help students behave well. We will communicate regularly with parents and always provide support to overcome barriers to good behaviour.
Poor behaviour will not be tolerated and the Academy uses a range of measures and sanctions to deal with this including;
- Removal of privileges.
- Report cards.
- Internal exclusion and isolation.
- Fixed Term Exclusion where appropriate.
- In extreme circumstances-permanent exclusion.